Just joined "Library Thing" which looks rather fun - I have so any books that it is sometimes hard to keep track of what I have - this would help me with this and may also be benefical to students and academics trying to keep track of their personal libraries. Searching and adding them to the collection is very easy - what a novel idea!
I have often used Google books, and I have found it very worthwhile in regards to accessing out of copyright books needed for my genealogy, some of which cannot be found in Australia.
Also took a look at Librivox which is also a wonderful initiative. This would be very useful to advocate within a public library setting for visually impaired people. As the coverage is mainly out of copyright fictional works, it is not really relevant to hospital and medical student clients.
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment